About Constitution Day of Nepal
Constitution Day is a public holiday in Nepal celebrated on September 19 every year. It commemorates the anniversary of the adoption of the 2015 Constitution of Nepal that officially consolidated the country’s transition from a constitutional monarchy to a federal republic.
From 1768 (the unification of Nepal) to 2006, Nepal was a kingdom. Monarchy was abolished after the ten-year-long Nepalese Civil War that was fought from 1996 to 2006. After the end of the war, an interim constitution was adopted to serve during a transitional period. The Interim Constitution of Nepal was in effect from 2007 to 2015.
The current Constitution of Nepal was developed by the Legislature Parliament of Nepal, also known as the 2nd Nepalese Constituent Assembly. It was formed in 2013 after the failure of the 1st Nepalese Constituent Assembly to pass a new constitution. The promulgation of the new constitution was followed by protests because some ethnic groups felt the document failed to address the demands of marginalized communities. Additionally, there was controversy over the citizenship rules.
Despite the controversy, the Constitution of Nepal was adopted and came into effect on September 20, 2015. About 90% of the members of the Legislature-Parliament of Nepal voted in favor of the new Constitution. The anniversary of the adoption was declared a public holiday named Constitution Day.
Constitution Day Wishes and Facebook Status
- Constitution Day Is The Special Day To Recall The Sacrifices Of Thousands Of Men And Woman…. To Chant Jay Jay Nepal… To Honor The Nepali Spirit Which Helped Us Construct Our Own Constitution. Sending You Special Wishes On Constitution Day.
- Let Us Come Together To Salute The Nation On Constitution Day 2018…. Today Is The Day To Celebrate Freedom In Mind And Faith In Words….. The Day To Feel Proud On Being An Nepali And To Recall The Memories Of Lives Lost. Warm Wishes To You On Constitution Day Of Nepal.
- On The Occasion Of Constitution Day, Every Teacher Must Teach The Students The Importance Of Freedom…. Every Parent Must Tell Their Children About The Toughest Battle For Freedom Fought By Our Forefathers…To Tell Them About Beauty Of Nepal. Wishing You A Very Happy Constitution Day.
- Being Born As An Nepali Is A Blessing And Constitution Day Is The Day To Celebrate This Blessing. It Was On This Special Day That Our Constitution Came Into Existence And Gave Our Country A Direction To Grow And Prosper. Heartfelt Wishes To You On Constitution Day My Dear.
- Today Is The Day To Remember The Wonderful Heritage Of Our Country Which Will Always Inspire Us To Feel Proud Of Being An Nepali. Today Is The Day To Celebrate The Feeling Of Being Nepali By Sharing Stories Of Freedom Fighters. Warm Wishes On Constitution Day To You And Your Family.
- Nepal Is The Most Beautiful Example Of Beauty In Diversity…. We Are The Nation Of Tradition, Rich Culture, And Proud Heritage…. We Are The Country Of Brave Freedom Fighters And Strong Gurkhas… Let Us Celebrate Constitution Day In The Honor Of Our Nation And Our Country Men.
- May God Always Shower His Blessings On Nepal By Making It A Happier, Lovelier And The Most Prospering Nation. Let Us All Join Our Hands And Make Efforts To Take Our Nation To New Heights Of Growth. Wishing You A Wonderful And Beautiful Constitution Day My Friend.
- On The Occasion Of Constitution Day, Let Us Salute Every Nepali Who Has Working To Make Our Nation A Better Place For Our Generations To Come. Let Us Also Remember The Sacrifices Of Great Nepali Men Who Fought For The Freedom Of Nepal. Wishing You Very Happy Constitution Day.
- Constitution Of Nepal Reminds Us About The Efforts Of Hundreds Of Men Who Worked In Synergy To Give Our Country A Strong Constitution Which Served As The Rule Book For Our Countrymen To Live And Grow With Pride And Happiness. Wishing You A Very Happy Constitution Day.
- No Nation Can Survive Without A Constitution And Every Nepali Is Proud Of Have Such A Strong Constitution Which Always Binds Us Together And Inspires Us To Work For The Development Of Our Country. Sending You The Best Of The Wishes On The Occasion Of Constitution Day.
THE CONSTITUTION IS THE GUIDE WHICH I NEVER WILL ABANDON.
I HAVE A DIFFERENT CONSTITUTION. I HAVE A DIFFERENT BRAIN; I HAVE A DIFFERENT HEART; I GOT TIGER BLOOD, MAN.
WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE RIGHTFUL MASTERS OF BOTH CONGRESS AND THE COURTS, NOT TO OVERTHROW THE CONSTITUTION BUT TO OVERTHROW THE MEN WHO PERVERT THE CONSTITUTION.
THE HAPPY UNION OF THESE STATES IS A WONDER; THEIR CONSTITUTION A MIRACLE; THEIR EXAMPLE THE HOPE OF LIBERTY THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.
DON’T INTERFERE WITH ANYTHING IN THE CONSTITUTION. THAT MUST BE MAINTAINED, FOR IT IS THE ONLY SAFEGUARD OF OUR LIBERTIES.
OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER.
BUT I THINK THE POSSIBILITY OF A BLACK AND WHITE SOCIETY FEEDING EACH OTHER’S EXPERTISES, LIVING HARMONIOUSLY, WILL PROBABLY GO ALONG IN FITS AND STARTS NOW BUT AT LEAST IT HAS A GREAT CONSTITUTION NOW TO BACK IT UP.
GOD KNOWS I DETEST SLAVERY BUT IT IS AN EXISTING EVIL, AND WE MUST ENDURE IT AND GIVE IT SUCH PROTECTION AS IS GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION.
THE WHOLE EDIFICE OF MODERN PHYSICS IS BUILT UP ON THE FUNDAMENTAL HYPOTHESIS OF THE ATOMIC OR MOLECULAR CONSTITUTION OF MATTER.
THE RIGHT OF AN INDIVIDUAL TO CONDUCT INTIMATE RELATIONSHIPS IN THE INTIMACY OF HIS OR HER OWN HOME SEEMS TO ME TO BE THE HEART OF THE CONSTITUTION’S PROTECTION OF PRIVACY.
MY ANSWER TO THE RACIAL PROBLEM IN AMERICA IS TO NOT DEAL WITH IT AT ALL. THE FOUNDING FATHERS DEALT WITH IT WHEN THEY MADE THE CONSTITUTION.
PROGRESSIVISM IS THE CANCER IN AMERICA AND IT IS EATING OUR CONSTITUTION, AND IT WAS DESIGNED TO EAT THE CONSTITUTION, TO PROGRESS PAST THE CONSTITUTION.
THE MINERS LOST BECAUSE THEY HAD ONLY THE CONSTITUTION. THE OTHER SIDE HAD BAYONETS. IN THE END, BAYONETS ALWAYS WIN.